1. What is the official name of and who/what “owns” the Metro District?
Paradise of Colorado Metropolitan District (#65541) is the official name and ownership.
2. What is the stated mission for the Metro District?
The Metro District is a quasi-municipal corporation and political subdivision of the State of Colorado and was created to assist with the planning, design, acquisition, construction, installation, operation and maintenance of certain public improvements serving the property owners within the Metro District Boundary.
3. What is the operational boundary for the Metro District?
202.6 acres as shown on attached Boundary Map.
4. Who oversees operations?
The Board of Directors for Paradise of Colorado Metropolitan District.
5. What has it paid for to this point?
The District has paid to install a water tank, water and sewer lines and roads in Paradise Estates, and landscaping and maintenance in Paradise of Colorado, Filings 1 & 2, as outlined in the Service Agreement with the City of Woodland Park.
6. What does the Metro District and Board of Directors do now?
Maintain compliance with state requirements for a metropolitan district.
Maintain and repair, as needed, the decorative structures in the Paradise of Colorado Metro District.
Maintain landscaping in the Paradise of Colorado Metro District.
7. How does the Metro District generate revenues?
Through property tax mill levy of the property owners in the Metro District.
5.00 mills for General Fund
20.00 mills for Debt Service
8. What is the Metro District's current debt obligation amount?
9. Who provides legal representation for the Metro District?
Colin B. Mielke
Seter & Vander Wall, P.C.
7400 East Orchard Road, Suite 3300
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
10. Are there any outstanding obligations or work the Metro District is responsible for?
The repayment of the “GENERAL OBLIGATION TAXABLE LIMITED TAX NOTE SERIES 2011”. This is the 20.00 Mills referenced in Item 7 above.